Welcome to the Culina Cooks Blog

Musings, recipes, cooking tips and shared thoughts. Have fun, tell us what you think - we really do care and we really are listening.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

In The Soup

This May day was cold, rainy and windy. I closed my office door all day to keep out the air conditioning...it's always so cold in that building. All I could think of was getting home to make soup. I looked up soup recipes on some of my favorite food blogs but nothing jumped out and said "make me". Once I was home I studied the contents of my refrigerator and freezer.

First, I pulled turkey broth from the freezer that I had made a couple of weeks ago and added two large chopped chicken breasts, a tablespoon of kosher salt, a teaspoon of cracked black pepper, two stocks of diced celery and 1 tsp. of Victoria's Gourmet dried shallots and boil.

Next add one package of three cheese tortellini, a bag of fresh baby spinach and two green onions diced. Cook until tortellini is done. Ladle into bowls top with Parmesan Reggiano and eat it up.

My nieces had two bowls a piece with fresh hot Italian bread. The entire 8 quart pan of soup was devoured.

No comments:

Post a Comment